Don’t be mad – I know it’s been awhile since I’ve written. I figure that you already know what’s going on in my life because you’re up there making sure I’m okay and only good things come my way. You always did take such good care of me, and I know you always will.
So, let me tell you what’s been happening around here. Oh boy… where do I begin?
1. Kat Meezan took some great new headshots for my business card. She’s amazing and made me look so terrific that I almost hate to use the pictures for fear that when someone sees me in person they’ll think I’m deceiving them.
What do you think of the pic on the left? Do I look the way you remember? Not bad for a 60 year old – don’t you think?
I had the picture taken after a fresh haircut by Tami at Studio 700 – that salon on Grand just up the street from Dustin’s apartment complex. Spent more than I wanted, but was tired of the crappy Fantastic Sam’s cuts I’ve been getting.
This picture is on my new business cards. Printing Connection designed the card and printed them. I think they did a heck of a great job and the price can’t be beat.
2. I met this guy named Joe. About 3 or 4 months after you passed away, I joined a social site called ‘Eons’. They’ve got all kinds of interest groups and I joined one called ‘Widows and Widowers’. Everyone talks about their feelings, asks questions and just casual conversation. We all have one thing in common – and that’s losing their best friend, their spouse.
Anyway, Joe Gonzales started talking with me. Turns out he lives in Upland. He’s also on Facebook and we began playing Words with Friends. I’ve met Joe twice. Really nice guy – but only as a friend. If he were about 6 inches taller, I might consider him more than a friend.
Joe lost his wife four years ago and he’s still struggling with the lose. We chat via email, Facebook, Words, phone, text, and we’ve had lunch together. We’re planning on going to movies, etc. You’re going to love this…. he’s a John Wayne fan – even more than you were! Joe actually named one of his sons – John Wayne Gonzales. Can you imagine???
I sold your John Wayne statues to him. He was thrilled!!!
3. Terra Media Marketing – like the sound of that? It’s my new business. I’m coaching with Nicole Kinney at the Inland Empire Women’s Business Center. She’s been amazing!! Eventually, I’ll apply for an SBA loan – but in the meantime I’ll power through this on my own. Nicole is such a help and together I’m going to make this new business a success. At the moment, I’m keeping the basis of the new business under wraps… like Apple, I want to keep this top secret until it’s launched!
4. You don’t know Kim Lewis, but I’m starting ANOTHER business with her. Business Owners Select. It’s a networking group with a different focus from the others. First of all…anyone who wants to join HAS to have their business license / DBA / or LLC or S-Corp. Kim and I are tired of networking with MLM’s and Direct Sales companaies. We want to network – and work with – entreprenuers and business owners who don’t have to answer to corporate. We’re still in the planning stages – but hope to launch by March, 2012.
5. While working with Nicole from the IEWBC, she told me I should check my credit report to see what’s there. This way we’d have a better understanding of where I stand when it comes to applying for an SBA loan. Well, I was floored when I found out my credit score! Which brings me to this next bit of good news….. Kari, my boss from the Orange County Insitute for Women Entrepreneurs, told me that I’m able to apply for membership with Schools First Federal Credit Union because I’m on staff with the college district.
Cool.. so I applied online and all of a sudden I got my ATM card, checks, etc… in the mail and I hadn’t even gone to the bank! Wow… way cool. Then I applied for a credit card. Living paycheck to paycheck and invoice to invoice is rough… you know that. I need to have a credit card to move my business forward. Guess what?? I was approved for a $5,000 credit line! I cried tears of joy!
It was at that point when I realized that I had actually made it! I made it on my own – without any help from anyone one! I was so relieved and so proud of myself and what I had accomplished.
My first purchase will be an iPad and a new iPhone. I’ll need it for my new businesses… and certainly will help in Eydie’s Office as well.
6. I’m working with Loy Palmeri over at Rhino Fitness. She’s my personal trainer and I’m loving my workout. Loy introduced me to boxing at my second session and I fell in love with it. I purchased my own gloves. That’s me at Loy’s gym (see the pic on the left). What do you think? Sexy?
It’s so much fun! Great for stress relief as well. The first time I boxed I pictured Jeremy’s father in law on the bag. He totally pissed me off on Christmas Day…. I beat the bag silly! The following week I tried to picture someone I was upset with… but couldn’t see anyone.
All of a sudden – YOUR face appeared on the bag!!! I got so mad at you for leaving me that I punched harder and harder and harder. Finally, I started crying and had to stop. I was so mad at you, Dale. So mad!!!! But, I know you didn’t leave me on purpose.
After that session, I actually felt a whole lot better. So much so, that I decided that I needed to start a new chapter in my life. I’m lonely, Sweetie – very lonely. Even though Krista, Jeremy, Haylee and Samantha are living with me – I’m all alone.
7. I signed up with Match.com. This is one of the pictures Kat took of me. I’ve been getting a lot of attention on Match. There are a few guys I’ve been emailing…and some I’m talking to on the phone.
I can’t believe how many jerks there are out there, Dale. Even in their 60′s they just don’t get it. Also.. I guess you were a young looking 62 year old…. cuz the guys who say they’re between 55 and 65 are just plain old – OLD! LOL They look 70 – and most of them act like they’re 70! Sure, I have aches and pains – arthritic knees…but dang it… I’m still young, motivated, passionate, and looking for fun! I’m looking for companionship – not marriage.
A few guys thought they’s impress me by boasting about their huge video and DVD collections. Give me a break – if that’s all you do – watch movies at home – well, I don’t need you. I need someone who wants to go out and have some fun!
I hope you’re okay with me wanting to date again. I figure that you want me to be happy – you always did. Problem is that I don’t think I’ll find someone who could compare to you my love.
8. My mother is finally getting well again. The doctors removed her bladder and gave her a bag… but after the surgery, she began feeling ill. Throwing up, the Big D… just feeling so sick. Couldn’t eat – nothing. She lost so much weight and energy. They finally figured out what was wrong and now she’s on the track to recovery. Mom went to Dotty’s house last Wednesday and is craving, of all things, chocolate! She hadn’t been eating chocolate for years because it wasn’t good for her heart – but now she can’t get enough! Too funny!!!
9. Guess What!!! I’m going to college. It’s a long story how this all came about, but I’ll be going to Ashford University – online. I’ll be going for my AA in Business, then for my BA in e-Marketing. In four years I’ll be a college graduate! I was supposed to start this coming Tuesday, but some things went haywire so I might start at the end of February. I’ve been approved for financial aid… I just don’t know how much right now. That’s where things went haywire. Hopefully I’ll know more tomorrow.
Well now… I think that might be all the exciting news I have right now… oh, wait… One more thing… actually three!
10. Jeremy FINALLY got a job. He started working at Stater Bros. on Hidden Valley. We’re so excited about this…. finally something stable. No more stupid lousy construction jobs. It’s part-time for now, and doing the carts, clean-up and stuff – but at least he’s got his foot in the door so when something better comes along he can apply.
12. Amy is going to have gastric bypass surgery on Wednesday… would you please keep an eye out for her?
13. We’ve got three cats now. Tommy (our baby), Jerry, Star and Velcro. Velcro is still a little kitten… he got sick about 10 days ago. Took him to the vet and now he’s better. Unfortunatly, Tommy got sick as well. I thought he was going to die. The vet wasn’t sure what was up with him. Had him tested for feline leukemia… thank goodness that was negative. But he wouldn’t eat at all. Vet gave him antibiotics but they didn’t seem to help either. We got antacids from the Vet because sometimes the antibiotics can make animals nauseas. He also gave Tommy something to stimulate his appetite! Hurray! it worked… Tommy was yelling at me to let him out of my bedroom… I had him quarrentined there while he was sick! The yelling was continous so I let him out. We’re one big happy family again!
I think this letter to you shows me that I shouldn’t let so much time pass in-between writing. When you get a chance… write back, won’t you? Yes, I know you don’t like to write – but I think you can find a way. Or, heck – give me a call! I’d love to hear your deep, sexy voice again. Sigh
Love you and miss you terribly,
Sweet Dreams My Love,